We are looking for passionate and reliable individuals with experience, energy and enthusiasm to join our student bar.
This position is a fixed-term appointment, flexible hours contract, from September 2021 through to June 2022 in the first instance. This may be extended subject to Trustee Board review of commercial performance.
£10.50 per hr.
If you apply for the role of Bar Supervisor you will be paid at the rate for the supervisor when you manage a shift in the absence of the Venue Manager. At all other times, when the Venue Manager is on shift, you will be paid as a bar staff member. £9.50 per hr.
UWTSD Students’ Union Venue Manager
Place of Work:
Will normally be UWTSD Students’ Union Carmarthen, but will be required to work on other campuses and within University of Wales, Trinity Saint David venues on occasion.
To supervise and provide a friendly and efficient service within the bar, dispensing orders accurately, with courtesy to our internal standards and those required by legislation.
- Minimum 2 years Bartending.
- Minimum 1 year Supervising.
- Minimum 1 year Shift Leader and Management experience.
- Cellar Management
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Welsh Speaking
- Stock management
- Cocktail Knowledge
Duties and responsibilities
- To report for duty in a timely fashion in appropriate clothing or uniform as required.
- To prepare, serve and take payment for food and drinks.
- Help organise and set up events and functions when needed.
- Leading the team by example to ensure that they work to the best of their ability.
- Help organise rotas and source cover when needed.
- Identify if staff require more training and report this to the Venue Manager.
- Identify any issues with staff performance and report this to the Venue Manager.
- Completing weekly drink stock-takes and report the need to order new stock or lines not selling.
- Working to targets to ensure the business is profitable and minimise waste.
- Help coach and guide new starters.
- To ensure all health and safety and hygiene procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To oversee the bar operations and day to day running of the bar when the Bar Manager is off.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and licensing conditions, and complete necessary report logs, audit and cash systems, informing the Bar Manager of any concerns or breaches in a timely manner.
- To comply with the Students’ Union code of conduct and staff handbook guidelines.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and other persons on the premises.
- Ensure that present an appropriate image to customers, upholding and promoting all Students’ Union policies.
- To report and where possible take action on incidents of accidents or damage.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- To ensure that all fire doors are closed and that fire routes are kept clear at all times.
- Support the bar operations in other areas of UWTSD Students’ Union and of the University as required.
- Effectively promote and advertise bar services activities and products.
- To attend any training as directed by your manager.
- To attend meeting/training sessions as required.
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by Management.
- The role holder can expect to work several events for the University as part of this role in order to further the spirit of partnership that exists between the SU and University.
- To respect the democratic structure of the Students’ Union at all times, and maintain a professional persona at work and on social media as an ambassador of UWTSD Students’ Union.
- To ensure the delivery of a positive image of the Students’ Union, both internally and externally by displaying high standards of professionalism, politeness, conduct and service.
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list, and does not form any part of contract of employment and is subject to annual review.