This position is a fixed-term appointment from 1st September 2021 through to 31st May 2022 in the first instance. This may be extended subject to Trustee Board review of commercial performance.
£9.50 per hr
UWTSD Students’ Union Bar Staff Supervisor.
Place of Work:
Will normally be UWTSD Students’ Union Lampeter, but will be required to work on other campuses and within University of Wales, Trinity Saint David venues on occasion.
To provide a friendly and efficient service within the bar, dispensing orders accurately, with courtesy to our internal standards and those required by legislation.
Duties and responsibilities
- To report for duty in a timely fashion in appropriate clothing or uniform as required.
- To serve a range of beverages, including alcohol, to students.
- Accurately take payment for drinks / snacks sold.
- Ensure the health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and licensing conditions, and complete necessary report logs, audit and cash systems, informing the Bar manager of any concerns or breeches in a timely manner.
- To comply with the Students’ Union code of conduct and staff handbook guidelines.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and other persons on the premises.
- Ensure that present an appropriate image to customers, upholding and promoting all Students’ Union policies.
- To report and where possible take action on incidents of accidents or damage.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- To ensure that all fire doors are closed and that fire routes are kept clear at all times.
- Support the bar operations in other areas of UWTSD Students’ Union and of the University as required.
- Effectively promote and advertise bar services activities and products.
- To attend any training as directed by your manager.
- To attend meeting/training sessions as required.
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by Management.
- The role holder can expect to work several events for the University as part of this role in order to further the spirit of partnership that exists between the SU and University.
- To respect the democratic structure of the Students’ Union at all times, and maintain a professional persona at work and on social media as an ambassador of TSDSU.
- To ensure the delivery of a positive image of the Students’ Union, both internally and externally by displaying high standards of professionalism, politeness, conduct and service.
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list, and does not form any part of contract of employment and is subject to annual review.