Making Complaints

Help with Complaints

While you’re a student at UWTSD, there may be times where you feel dissatisfied or unhappy about your experiences. It could be that you have had a poor experience in dealing with a particular University department, or that you feel you’ve been badly treated by a staff member. Regardless of the nature of your complaint, your Students’ Union is here to listen and support you. 

Depending on the nature of your complaint, there will be several options for you to explore when you’re raising an issue. As your Students’ Union, we are here to help you resolve issues when you may feel uncomfortable in doing so. Generally speaking, you can usually resolve issues in the following ways, however do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you are ever unsure.


Complaints about your Academic Experience

Issues can often be resolved informally by talking directly with the relevant person from your Institute or academic department. If it is an issue that’s affecting many people on your course, it is always worth alerting your Course Rep to the problem. They will be able to raise general concerns at Staff-Student Committees and will represent the views of your group at that forum to help bring about positive changes.

However, if your issue is more personal or only impacting you, you can get in touch with us for some independent advice. Whether formal or informal, we can support you through University processes and advocate on your behalf. We have a committed team of staff who will work with you towards resolving issues you raise. 

Email with an overview of your situation, and a staff member will get back in touch with you.