Thursday 01-07-2021 - 09:00
Did you enjoy our Pride month activities? Let us know here.
Still feeling the Post-Pride blues? You might be wondering how Pride month went by so quickly and how you can hold onto those rainbow vibes just a little bit longer. We’ve compiled a list of 8 ways to stay connected so you can celebrate Pride all year long.
- Why not join our student-led LGBTQ+ liberation network? You can meet other LGBTQ+ students, plan activism, and be invited to join our private Facebook group.
- You can also check out the most colourful corner of our website, the LGBTQ+ hub where you will find coming-out advice, links to join local community groups, free contraception connections, and heaps of other stuff. We’ve even made a quick escape button so you can browse safely if you need a bit of privacy.
- Support your local scene by ordering a takeaway from your favourite gay bar or attend a drag show. (Don't forget to follow Covid-safety guidance!)
- Rather support the community from home? Shop online at a queer-owned business.
- While you’re home, drop into a virtual queer club like Club Quarantine.
- Immerse yourself in a LGBTQ+ book. Queer Lit UK’s online bookstore is filled with over 1500 LGBTQ+ titles. You can even sort them by sexuality.
- Host a virtual film night via Teleparty or have a LGBTQ+ tv show marathon.
- Plan a Pride Picnic with a few close friends and allies. Think all things rainbow; layer cake, tiny tea sandwiches, scones with jam, the countryside and fancy dress if you feel like showing your Pride beyond the food.
Here is where we need your help! If you have any other ideas to keep the celebrations alive, please send your feedback our way; we’d love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org . Happy Post-Pride!