Welcome Week 2020
Every year the Students’ Union organises the official Welcome Week. It's a week full of events to help you get to know your campus, make friends and have an all-round good time. This year, our events are taking place online and on-campus and are 100% free.
We know that some of you are not able to return to campus yet, or might not feel comfortable going to an on-campus event. We have free online events that you can access from anywhere; such as Disco Bingo, Massoke, Digital Meet-ups, Quizzes and escape rooms.
Virtual Welcome Fairs
Welcome Fairs are a great way to discover what's happening on and around campus. This year, our fairs maybe 100% digital, but you can still browse stalls to find clubs, businesses, university departments and more.
Line-up By Campus
A Few Highlights
Sports & Soc's Takeover
Meet Up with Tammy
Student Safety & COVID-19.
We are taking student safety seriously. The Union and the University are following all the guidelines when it comes to COVID-19. Help us protect others from COVID-19;
- Keep 2 meters apart from others.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Keep hand sanitiser with you.
- Wear face masks where social distancing is difficult.
- Follow all instructional signage.
- Follow all guidance given by university and union staff.
- If you have returned from abroad, or you are an international student, you may need to self-isolate upon arrival. Please see the latest government advice.
- If you develop symptoms before a union event, do not attend.
- If you develop symptoms after attending a union event, tell us immediately: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you develop symptoms before or after attending university, contact the Hwb immediately: email@example.com.
- If you have symptoms, your entire household will need to self-isolate.
The situation can change quickly, and rules may vary locally and nationally. That is why we are asking students to follow the latest guidance issued by the government, university and union.
COVID-19 Symptom Checker
Advice & Guidance